We Are Open! – Appointments Recommended
Although our methods of delivering service may look different, the staff of UI Service Center will continue to be available to assist you this fall. In an effort to ensure the safety of our students, faculty and staff, we are implementing the following changes to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus:
- A mask will be required when entering the UI Service Center. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- UI Service Center will be closed from 12:30 - 1:00 pm daily for cleaning.
- We strongly encourage scheduling an appointment for available services prior to your arrival, as some staff will be working remotely and may not be on-site.
- Students may make appointments with staff for in-person, phone and zoom meetings through MyUI using the Advising Appointment tile and selecting the UI Service Center and one of the available reasons listed. Faculty/Staff unable to use MyUI should contact the relevant office to schedule an appointment.
- In order to manage the number of visitors and comply with the capacity limitations of our lobby, our doors will be locked through the first few weeks of class. Those with appointments will be admitted at their appointment time and drop-ins will only be admitted if space allows.
- Drop-in Registration and Transcript/Verification services are limited at this time.
- Registration changes can be processed by email if all permissions required are included, instructions available on Registrar’s website under Registration heading. We recommend you call ahead 319-384-4300 or email email@example.com with questions or to see if staff is available for a drop-in registration request
- Transcript orders can be placed in MyUI or on the Registrar’s website. Verifications can be downloaded in MyUI. We recommend you call ahead 319 335-0229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to see if staff is available for a drop-in transcript/verification request.
- Drop-ins to make U-Bill payments and drop off scholarship checks will require a longer wait time due to the above limitations. We recommend that you pay your U-Bill online. If you are not able to pay online, you can mail your payments and scholarship checks to our office.
Mailing address is: University Billing, 2700 UCC, Iowa City, IA 52242. Be sure to note your University ID# on the check to ensure posting to correct account.
- University Billing 319-335-0071 or email@example.com
website - https://ubill.fo.uiowa.edu/
- Iowa One Card 319 335-2716 or firstname.lastname@example.org
website - idcard.uiowa.edu
- Registration changes – 319 384-4300 or email@example.com
- Transcripts & Verifications - 319 335-0029 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation Services – 319 335-0228 or email@example.com
- Residency – 319 335-0223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomas – email@example.com
About the UI Service Center
The UI Service Center has moved to the University Capitol Centre. The creation of the UI Service Center was a joint effort between the University Billing Office and the Registrar Service Center to integrate services and meet the customer service needs of students. Combined, these offices typically receive visits from over 14,000 students each year. Frequently individuals must visit both offices to resolve their questions. The UI Service Center conveniently combines services to make these visits easier for students.
At the UI Service Center, students can accomplish a multitude of tasks ranging from:
- Paying U-Bills
- Changes in registration
- Scholarship check submissions
- Student name changes
- Transcripts and Verifications
- Graduation Services
- ID Card Programs
- Billing and Loan Collections
Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding University holidays).